Tuition & Financial Aid
St. Francis de Sales School, recipient of the National Blue Ribbon Award in both 2007 and 2018, continues to be the most affordable Catholic grade school in our area.
Families are offered the choice of three interest-free tuition payment plans:
- Monthly Payments – spread your tuition balance over monthly installments.
- Semi-Annual Payments – pay your tuition in two installments.
- Payment in Full – pay your tuition balance in full.
Tuition payments at St. Francis are managed through FACTS Tuition Management. All families, new and returning, are asked to register with FACTS and select an actively managed payment plan on our school’s tuition management page.
Tuition information for the 2020-2021 school year will be released soon.
Please follow these directions to complete your registration.
St. Francis de Sales Parish School is the most affordable Catholic grade school in the northwest Lake County area, offering value to parents seeking a quality, faith-based education for their children.
We recognize, however, that some families might not be able to afford the full cost of tuition. To ensure that those families have access to our outstanding academics and safe, faith-based environment, we offer several tuition assistance programs.
When current families refer new students to the school, they can become eligible for a one-time tuition credit of $500. View full details about our Referral Program.
Introductory Tuition Discount & Donor Funded Aid
- To be considered for these programs, each family, whether currently enrolled or new, must complete and submit a “needs based” online application through FACTS (ideally by April 1st)
- There is a small processing fee associated with each application, which must be paid upon application. If aid is awarded, this application fee will be reimbursed through a tuition credit.
- Participating families will be expected to contribute some amount of tuition for each child enrolled.
- Applications may be made after April 1st, but the chances of receiving assistance improve significantly by submitting an application prior to this date.
- FACTS generates a summary report for each applicant that includes a “Calculated Need,” based on information provided; report is reviewed by the Pastor who makes final decisions.
- Families are notified of the type and amount of financial assistance no later than May 1st (for applications received by April 1st).
- All information is confidential and accessible only to select Parish Business Office and the Pastor
- Tuition paid from Scholarship Granting Organizations (SGO’s) to eligible families, as determined by law.
- Applications must be submitted to a Scholarship Granting Organization (SGO), a separate entity that is responsible for receiving and processing applications and disbursing funds.
- There are five SGO’s in Illinois. The Archdiocese of Chicago has selected Empower Illinois and Big Shoulders Fund as preferred SGO’s.
- You can apply to any SGO or multiple SGO’s, and you are encouraged to do so if you believe you meet the income thresholds for eligibility.
- Please visit http://tax.illinois.gov/InvestInKids/ or https://schools.archchicago.org//tax-credit-scholarships for more information.
- You may also apply for assistance from St. Francis and any award provided by the SGO will be considered in determining eligibility for and/or amount of assistance.