Thank you for visiting my teacher page! I hope you enjoy learning about the Director of Individualized Instruction position. I also hope you find the resources that I offer to be informative and helpful.
As the Director of Individualized Instruction, I function as both a Resource Teacher and member of the Academic Leadership Team (ALT). Responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Lead the Individualized Instruction Program (IIP), including strategic planning, management, and vision
- Provide instruction, either remedial or enrichment, to small groups (2-4) of students or 1:1, when possible, as part of a pull-out model
- Assist classroom teachers in providing extra support as part of a push-in model
- Collaborate with Principal Schmitt, the ALT, classroom teachers, and/or parents to create support plans for students with diverse learning needs
- Develop and case manage more comprehensive support plans, namely 504 Accommodation Plans, for students with a diagnosed learning and/or medical disability
- Administer EasyCBM (Curriculum-Based Measure) benchmarking and progress monitoring assessments to students
- Communicate student progress to parents
- Collaborate with other IIP teachers regarding curriculum, instruction, and student progress
- Consult with classroom teachers about differentiating instruction to meet diverse learning needs
- Act as a liaison between SFS and District 95 to facilitate the Problem-Solving process and participate in all meetings as related to this process
Welcome Back and Happy New Year!
I enjoyed meeting with small groups today!