St. Francis’ Early Childhood Program was created to provide children with experiences that enrich, stimulate, and promote the intellectual, emotional, social, and spiritual growth of each child.
Our theme-based curriculum contains various activities that involve hands-on instruction that reinforces and encourages children to be active and engaged learners.
- During Religion time the students learn to appreciate and respect all children as gifts from God. Children are provided an atmosphere that promotes love and respect for themselves and for others while building positive peer relationships. Our program recognizes God and His presence in our daily lives.
- The preschool curriculum focuses and builds upon reading, math and science skills throughout the year. We follow the Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards as well as the curriculum developed by the Archdiocese of Chicago.
- Cognitive Skills are reinforced through hands-on and play-based learning centers. Small and large group activities allow children the opportunity to discover, practice, and reinforce age-appropriate skills.
- Family involvement is key to the continued success of educational and spiritual growth of each child. Various opportunities in the classroom and the St. Francis de Sales community are offered to strengthen the relationship between home and school.
- Teachers attend various professional seminars and programs to enhance growth in early childhood learning.
St. Francis de Sales School offers both a partial and full day preschool program for both three and four year olds. A pre-kindergarten full day and partial day is also offered. Before and After School Care are available, as well.