St. Francis de Sales Parish School is the most affordable Catholic grade school in our area, offering value to parents seeking a quality, Catholic education for their children.
We recognize, however, that some families still may not be able to afford the full cost of tuition. To ensure that those families have access to our outstanding academics and safe, faith-based environment, we offer several tuition assistance programs. You can find an overview of these programs here.
Introductory Tuition Discount & Donor Funded Aid
· To be considered for these programs, each family, whether currently enrolled or new, must complete and submit a “needs based” online application on FACTS (ideally by April 1st)
· There is a small processing fee associated with each application, which the family must pay when they apply; if awarded aid, this fee will be reimbursed through a tuition credit
· Families will be expected to contribute some amount of tuition for each child enrolled
· Families may apply after April 1st, but the chances of receiving assistance improve significantly by submitting your application by that date
· All information is confidential and accessible only to select Parish Business Office staff and the Pastor
· FACTS generates a summary report for each applicant that includes a “Calculated Need,” based on information provided; report is reviewed by the Pastor who makes final decisions
· Families are notified of the type and amount of financial assistance no later than May 1st (for applications received by April 1st)
Illinois Tax Credit Scholarship
· Applications must be submitted to a Scholarship Granting Organization (SGO), a separate entity that is responsible for receiving and processing applications and disbursing funds to eligible families
· You can apply to any SGO or multiple SGO’s and you are encouraged to do so if you believe you meet the income thresholds for eligibility
· Please visit http://tax.illinois.gov/InvestInKids/ or https://schools.archchicago.org//tax-credit-scholarships for more information
· You may also apply for assistance from St. Francis and any award provided by the SGO will be considered in determining eligibility for and/or amount of assistance